Mary Rae Floresca| ExecutiveChronicles.com
The wet season is not yet finished, so brace yourselves to learn more about allergies you need to stay away from. Have you heard about mold allergy?
Molds are like pests that sometimes out of your control. It lives everywhere. It is also a kind of allergen that irritates most people. It’s a fungus that grow at damp places such as on tree logs, leaves, twigs even at home. It grows in your bathroom, basement, under your sink and more places that are always moist. Molds are airborne and are not visible to the naked eye.
Molds causes respiratory allergies and it is quite disturbing and uncomfortable. Some of the symptoms are runny nose, continuous sneezing, irritated eyes, coughing and nasal congestion that may lead to headache or migraine. What is fatal is that molds trigger asthma. Asthmatic patients are sensitive to any allergens, especially molds.
How to treat mold allergy? You may take decongestants or antihistamine that can be bought over the counter. Don’t overdose, you may drink a lot of water and take vitamins. If you know you will be going on a trip, hiking, especially, take antihistamine already. Or when you know you will be exposed to dust and moisture. Moisture is the breeding ground of molds. That’s why it grows where places are always wet such as the bathroom or near the sink with leaking pipes. Sometimes these molds may grow in the office as well, there is less circulation of air when room is air-conditioned. Another way to avoid mold allergy is to put on a mask.
You may consult your doctor if taking antihistamines doesn’t work. You may be taking wrong medicines or dosage. It’s okay to self-medicate but your doctor should know what treats you better.
The best way to reduce mold allergies is to clean your area, whether your home or workplace. In the bathroom, an exhaust fan will help reduce the humidity. Make sure the kitchen equipment is not exposed to moisture, or constantly wipe wet areas such as the sink, refrigerator drip pans etc. If you’re just building your home, choose a flooring that doesn’t hold moisture like linoleum.
Another important but surprising way to steer clear from allergies is to use an effective cleaning equipment. A vacuum cleaner The Rainbow, works on the natural principle that “Wet Dust Can’t Fly”, it utilizes “The Power of Water” to effectively remove dirt. It is a Certified Air Cleaner and “asthma and allergy friendly”. With its different attachments, it can thoroughly clean your home even beyond your reach. Their tools can clean narrow and tight spaces, such as between radiator sections, under radiators, along floor edges and baseboards. Pet furs and the like? They have Upholstery Tool which deeply removes dirt from upholstered furniture. Pollens and molds can be removed by their Aerofresh Bag. It also has a unique water and “separator” filtration system which captures typical household dirt, while the remaining microscopic particles are caught by “HEPA Neutralizer Filtration System”. This three-stage filtration system removes nearly 100% of dirt and contaminants from your place.
The key to stay well during wet season is to keeping your body healthy by taking vitamins, cleaning your place properly and avoid going to places that will obviously cause you mold allergies.
To experience the extensive cleaning process of Rainbow Cleaning System, ONLY vacuum cleaner CERTIFIED as an air purifier by the American Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM), visit Rainbow Cleaning System website or call (632) 7501370 to 73 to schedule a free demonstration.