ExecutiveChronicles.com | How to Brighten Skin Naturally (Step By Step) | Want even skin tone? We hear you.
Continue reading to discover the step by step secrets to uncovering your natural beauty. The great news is you will not find anything here that is damaging to your skin. Everything we are sharing with you is as nature intended it.
Before we get started it is important to understand what causes uneven skin. Once you know that you will understand what skin brightening is and why treating discoloration or uneven tone is beneficial to your skin.
Why Should I brighten my skin?
This is a common question. Fact. You were born with even skin. Newborns have perfect skin. As the years go by, we all develop blemishes, uneven skin tone and scars. This is due to things like UV damage, free radicals, inflammation, pollution, acne, etc. The goal of skin brightening help the skin to naturally shed dead skin cells and gradually improve an uneven skin tone, leaving it smoother, more vibrant, and younger-looking.
Skin brightening ingredients remove dull cells from the skin’s surface, thereby revitalizing it and making it look more radiant and “brighter”.
Does Honey help achieve a brighter skin?
Believe it or not, honey is a great product to clarify dark areas and achieve a more even complexion. The reason? It’s produced by a combination of plant matter, enzyme activity, and bacteria. Put these all together and you have a potent skincare ingredient. Honey has many benefits for your skin. It can treat acne as well as autoimmune conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
Honey also increases your skin cell’s healing and reduces inflammation. This makes it great for treating eczema. Some grades of honey are proven to be so effective in the healing process, doctors are now using it in their clinics.
Another benefit is it can exfoliate your skin naturally, giving your skin an even healthy glow.
Can I use Lemon Juice to Brighten Skin?
Great news. You can use lemon juice to brighten your skin. This is due to the high concentration of vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant. This means a humble lemon can be used to treat acne damage, dark spots, freckles, and other forms of hyperpigmentation.
Vitamin C’s benefits for skin are vast, including its ability to even out skin tone and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Here are the top 5 benefits of Vitamin C for your skin:
- Brightens the skin and helps fade dark spots
- Stimulates collagen production, improving the skin’s texture and firmness
- Slows the aging process and prevents wrinkle formation when used regularly
- Treats skin blemishes including acne scars, rashes, bruises and speeds up healing process
- Using vitamin C regularly can help prevent the effects of sun damage and pollution
Aloe Vera for Skin Brightening
Aloe vera has been used to treat a number of skin conditions for hundreds of years. It works by soothing wounds and skin irritations. Many people use it to treat acne scars, which are the result of damaged pores. They appear as discolorations on the skin, or raised or depressed areas of the skin.
By boosting your body’s response to inflammation, aloe vera is able to reduce scars from forming. Aloe vera is also able to increase your body’s production of elastin and collagen fibers. This results in two benefits.
- Reduction in the appearance of scars
- Reduction in the signs of aging
Aloe vera has been proven to help reduce hyperpigmentation in acne scars. This is due to a compound called aloesin. Aloesin helps reduce the overproduction of melanin making acne scars less noticeable.
If you want to use aloe vera to fade your acne scars here are the steps:
- Make sure the aloe vera you buy is fragrance-free and noncomedogenic
- Clean your face with a cleanser and water
- Apply the aloe vera to the areas you wish to treat making sure to also cover the areas around the damaged skin you are treating
- After half an hour, wash the aloe vera off with water
- Repeat this twice a day
How to Brighten Skin with Milk
Did you know Cleopatra used to bathe in milk for its skin benefits? The question is, is can you use milk skin brightening? Many bloggers swear by its clarifying and illuminating properties. The reason is the lactic acid in milk that works to reduce skin pigmentation. The great news is you can use any cow’s or goat’s milk for brightening. This can be achieved by applying the milk to the areas you want to clarify. Here are some steps to achieving brighter skin with milk:
- Make sure your skin is clean and dry.
- Warm the milk in a bowl using a microwave.
- Soak a washcloth in the milk. Squeeze out the cloth so that it is saturated but not dripping.
- Massage the milk into the area you want to be treated. When the washcloth runs out of milk, replenish its supply by dipping it into the bowl.
Milk has other benefits for your skin. It is packed with vitamin B, calcium, and other powerful antioxidants. This means it will keep your skin moisturized while helping to treat free radical damage.