In the recent event hosted by Herbalife Nutrition at Work, the global nutrition company, through Julian Alvarez Garcia, M.D., Ph.D. has released findings from its Asia Pacific Millennials at Work Survey. The findings revealed that Filipino millennials have begun adapting healthy and active lifestyles. However, the current workplace environment prevents them from doing these.
It is expected that the millennial generation will make up 50% of the global workforce in 2020. Thus, it is very crucial that employers ensure the well-being of these millennials as these greatly contribute to workplace productivity.
Herbalife Nutrition now spearheads to ensure the well-being of their own millennial workforce by providing them with nutrition products, subsidizing their gym memberships, holding regular wellness programs, that are related to nutrition and well-being, and encourages participation in outdoor activities and sports competitions.
The survey also revealed that 70% of millennials are strive to live healthy and active lives. However, it has become a challenge to these millennials to maintain an active lifestyle while at work, as most of them spend 6 to 13 hours at work each day. Physical activity time is becoming less and less each working day.
To address this issue, Herbalife Nutrition has organized the 6th Asia Pacific Wellness tour, that will build on the success of the past five tours. The wellness tour will bring five experts across the world to do a series of talks, workshops and medical symposia across the Asia Pacific region.
Rosalio ‘Bong’ Valenzuela, General Manager of Herbalife Nutrition Philippines says that the aim of the wellness tour is to equip organizations and their employees with the right tools that will collectively build a healthier work environment across Asia Pacific.
Here are the 6 tips that Herbalife Nutrition shared during the event in Conrad Hotel, Manila.
- Dedicate a healthy eating day each day each week, and influence colleagues to make healthy choices for lunch on this day.
- Boost water intake to help body digest food, and the body of toxins, and help deliver nutrients to the cells. Drink at least eight (8) glasses or two (2) liters of water a day.
- Have a protein shake combined with non-fat milk and healthy fruits for breakfast with 20-30 grams of protein and low-fat contents, it can provide the body with all the nutrition it needs to power through the day.
- Create a playlist that incorporates upbeat music and play with hourly intervals.
- Use running apps to keep energized and on-pace regular runs.
- Set a goal to join running competitions to motivate self to sustain an active lifestyle.
Rod Gabriel | ExecutiveChronicles