The 10th Philippine HR Summit, with the theme “The Changing Landscape of HR”, was successfully held from August 3 to 4, 2017 at Crowne Plaza Galleria.
The HR has gone through a journey that led it to becoming one of the most important elements in an organization.
The 10th Philippine HR Summit introduced topics such as Talent Management for the 21st Century, Job Contracting Vs. Labor-Only Contracting, Employer Branding, HR Ethics, and the Changing Landscape of the Workplace today. Reputable and successful HR people and executives were invited to share their insights on the transformation of the HR landscape over the past years.
Day 1, 10th Philippine HR Summit
The summit was commenced by Powermax Consulting Group President, Mr. Rene Espinosa through his welcome remarks. Ms. Karen Cariss, CEO and Co-Founder of PageUp People Pte Ltd., gave a keynote address on the topic “HR on the Precipice in the Future of Work”. Among the speakers for the first day of the summit were:
- Mr. Jose Victor Emmanuel A. De Dios, CEO of GE Philippines;
- Ms. Evelyn Grace C. Sorongon, Senior Vice President and Managing Director of John Clements Consultants, Inc;
- Mr. Paul V. Rivera, Co-Founder and CEO of Kalibrr;
- Ms. Carolina D. Tan, AICI CIC, President of Enhance Your Image Training Consultancy;
- Mr. Jose Christoper C. Cadua, Vice-President & Head Human Resources & Administration of Cignal TV;
- Dr. Virgel C. Binghay, Professor & Director of Center for Industry Productivity and Competitiveness, School of Labor & Industrial Relations of University of the Philippines (U.P. SOLAIR); and
- Atty. Dominador R. Say, Undersecretary – Employment and Policy Support of Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)
A panel discussion was held with the topic “HR and its Technological Evolution”. Ms. Sarah Forbes, Vice President (Asia) of PageUp People Pte Ltd. facilitated the dialogue, together with Ms. Michelle Cordero-Garcia, Director – Human Resources of SGS Gulf Limited, Ms. Sarah McLeod, Executive Vice President of Q2 HR Solutions, Inc., and Genick Generoso, Head of Global Human Resources of Champion Services as panel speakers.
A CEO forum discussing the Dynamics of Business and People Growth was also held on the last part of Day 1 of the 10th Philippine HR Summit. It was Mr. Frederick “Ricky” M. Alegre, Vice President – Corporate Affairs of Business Mirror and Assistant Secretary – Office of Public Affairs of Department of Tourism who facilitated the discussion, joining in Ms. Rizalina G. Mantaring, President and CEO of Sun Life Financial Philippines, Ms. Olivia Limpe-Aw, President and CEO of Destileria Limtuaco & Co, Inc., and Mr. Ruel T. Maranan, President and Member of the Board of Trustees of Ayala Foundation, Inc. as speakers.
Day 2, 10th Philippine HR Summit
Day 2 of the Philippine HR Summit was opened by Mr. Ricardo “Ricky” De Vera, MBA, CSP, with his talk on Employer Branding. Subsequently, the following top-notch speakers graced the stage:
- Dr. Virgel C. Binghay, Professor & Director of Center for Industry Productivity and Competitiveness, School of Labor & Industrial Relations of University of the Philippines (U.P. SOLAIR);
- Atty. Emerico O. De Guzman, Managing Partner of Angara Abello Concepcion Regala and Cruz Law Offices (ACCRALAW);
- Ms. Serely Geraldine D. Alcaraz, Country Head of ITD Consulting Group;
- Mr. Karlo Danta, Country Manager of PageUp People Pte Ltd; and
- Ms. Ma. Agnes A. Gervacio, Managing Director of CEO Advisors, Inc
The summit paved a way for the participants and attendees to know more about the challenges in workplaces today through competent speakers, Atty. Josephus B. Jimenez, Former Undersecretary of Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Usec. Benjamin Reyes, Permanent Board Member / Former Chairman of Dangerous Drugs Board, and Ms. Rita Bantigue, Head, Learning and Development of Meralco. Mr. Barbie Atienza, Head of External Affairs of Manila Bulletin Publishing Corporation led the discussion of this topic.
To conclude the summit, Mr. Jesus Gregorio “Nonong” F. Noriega III, who is the Division Head (Employee Development) of PLDT gave his talk on the Changing Landscape of HR.
The 10th Philippine HR Summit was indeed a success not only because it was able to gather HR professionals, executives, officers, and recruiters, but also because it has effectively spread the message across the people who attended the event. This message is to make these important people be wise and get ready for the changes brought about by technology and other factors affecting the landscape of HR. The participants surely gathered valuable information to be applied to the organizations they belong through the speakers and the event.
The 10th Philippine HR Summit was all made possible by Powermax Consulting Group, Inc., PageUp, and Advertising and Gaming Fabrication, Inc. (AGFI).