ExecutiveChronicles | DIY Roller Blinds: Why And How To Install Them From The Best Kit? | The use of roller blinds is very popular in commercial and residential properties. Though there are readymade blinds available in the market, still custom DIY roller blinds are very useful. The popularity of DIY blinds is increasing day by day.
With the DIY kits, you can make your blinds with your unique different taste of styling. You have the opportunity of giving a unique classy look to your house or office.
Benefits Of DIY Roller Blinds From The Best Kit
There is a wide variety of blinds, but the customizable blinds are the best. For that, you need to buy the best DIY kit from the market. With the simple and easy installation, you feel proud of putting a roller blind by yourself. You will know your taste and apply it better.
Here Are Some Of The Benefits Of Buying A Good DIY Roller Blinds Kit: –
- They are cost-effective and won’t be heavy on the pocket.
- They are highly durable and strong as they are made from high strength steel and resist the UV rays of the sun.
- With its easy installation, you can give the modern look and stylish design.
- This kit contains high-quality fabrics that insulate you from heat and light to keep you cool.
- It requires low maintenance. You can clean easily with the use of steam and a vacuum cleaner.
Inside the DIY kit
Since you are going to use the DIY kit, you should know the available things inside a kit.
- A roller blind
- Chain drive and pin end brackets.
- Required number of screws
- A P-clip for the safety of children
- A ball stopper
Steps To Follow For Installing DIY Roller Blinds
- Get The Tools: At first, you need to collect the required tools like a drill, screwdrivers, a pencil, and a measuring tape.
- Do The Marking: Whether you are thinking to put the blinds behind or in front of the window does not matter. Take the pencil and hold the brackets on the window frame and mark the holes of the brackets on the frame.
- Make Holes: Now take the drill and make holes on the frame according to the size of the screws given in the kit.
- Fix Brackets: Next fix the brackets to the frame with the screws using a screwdriver. Ensure that both the brackets are aligned properly. Now carefully pick the roller blind and gently fix the chain end to the chain drive bracket. Then, carefully put the other end of the roller to the pin end bracket. To confirm that the roller blind is locked properly, ensure you hear a click sound after placing it in the pin end bracket.
- Place Child Safety P-Clip: The final step is to place the child safety P-clip. Take the clip and place it in such a position that there is less tension on the chain. Then mark holes of the P-clip and drill it carefully. Then finally, fix them with the screws using a screwdriver. The P-clip is important to be put for child safety. It is made mandatory by the government to put them, and you should not forget or ignore it.
The DIY roller blinds are beneficial and easy to install. It is important to follow all the steps for easy installation. They are extremely durable and customizable.
If you buy them from a good brand, then it will last long. You will get a very good feeling that you customized and installed it on your own. The overall appearance and the quality of good DIY blinds will bring an aesthetic appearance to your room with a significant amount of privacy and protection.