ExecutiveChronicles | Consulting personal injury attorneys in Albuquerque: Check these pointers | If you have suffered injuries in a mishap because of another person’s negligence or fault, you should consider seeking legal help. You may have a valid personal injury claim, provided the other party owed you a duty of care. Examples of such mishaps include traffic accidents, slip & fall accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, and product defect-related injuries. When meeting a personal injury attorney Albuquerque, you must discuss these key pointers.
1. The worth of your claim: You are probably expecting a huge amount in compensation for your injuries, but without an initial investigation, it is hard to determine what the claim is worth. Talk to the attorney about the expected settlement, whether your claim is valid and should be pursued, and the legal options you can consider.
2. The lawyer’s work & profile: Does the attorney have experience working on similar injury claims? The tactics involved in handling a truck accident claim differ from that of a medical malpractice lawsuit. Find an adept attorney who is the right fit for your case. As a client, you can ask questions and get references.
3. The expenses involved: Clients are expected to pay for certain expenses that the lawyer must incur to fight the legal battle. The list includes the cost of consulting medical experts, accident reconstruction services, and court fees. Ask the attorney about these expenditures in detail so that you can work on your finances in advance.
4. The attorney’s fee: Most injury attorneys won’t charge their fees right away. The lawyer’s fee is dependent or contingent on the outcome. If you win, the lawyer gets a fixed share of the compensation, usually no more than 40%. Make sure that you have a clear contract with the attorney.
5. Trial experience of the attorney: Personal injury lawsuits are usually settled, which means that the involved parties discuss the facts and come to an agreement on the compensation without the court getting in between. However, if your case requires a trial, you must ensure the lawyer can tackle the same. Ask the attorney if they have been to court for such matters and the maximum settlements they have won.
Finally, ask the attorney how you can communicate with them. You have the right to get updates and meet the lawyer when necessary, and there should be transparency at all times. Top lawyers ensure that clients have all the support they need to continue fighting for their lawsuits. Call an attorney today!