These days, having a website is not enough. Companies need to have a website that is not only accessible and easy-to-use, but is also easy to find. This is where a professional SEO agency comes in.
If you are one of the many SEO agencies trying to land great clients, you should be aware that there are some qualities that site owners now look for in an agency. In the past, not that many people knew what SEO was. These days, not only do businesses know what you do but they also know how to weed out the professionals from those who pretend to know what they are doing.
What to Do to Show You Are a Professional
As with any service provider, you should be able to put your best foot forward when you try to land a client. There are a few qualities you should cultivate so as to come across as professional and worthy of the contract. Here are five of them:
- Be upfront about what you can do – if an SEO agency promises that a site will get to number one on Google, this raises a red flag and encourages clients to run for the hills. This usually means that you are overselling yourself just to get their business. There are no guarantees that any work an SEO does will take a site to number one, and a good SEO company knows that. What you need to do is to tell your prospective clients what exactly you can do for their site in terms of processes and actions without actually guaranteeing lofty results.
- Don’t promise what you cannot deliver – as mentioned above, a good SEO company won’t promise to get you to rank number 1 on search engines. While some SEOs guarantee this just to close the deal, if you value your reputation, you shouldn’t follow suit. There is no guarantee that a company can get to the number one spot on Google, although it is possible with the right strategies and hard work.
- Always present yourself in the best possible light – it all begins with how you present yourself to your prospective client. Most professional SEOs use a good proposal template to try and encourage a client to sign up with them. Not using a professional-looking SEO proposal to outline your services and what you can do for a company’s site will reflect poorly on you. It will show that you are not serious enough about what you do. It may even indicate that you don’t really know what you are doing.
- Communication is key – keeping the lines of communication open with a client is something that you should always stress when trying to convince one to sign up with you. Reassure them that any questions they want to ask about what is going on is welcome. You should also let them know how you can be reached and what time is best for dialogues regarding their concerns.
- Don’t forget to update your strategies and knowledge – SEO is a constantly changing landscape which you need to keep up with. Not keeping up with the latest trends and ideas regarding the industry can leave you in the dust behind your competitors. You need to keep abreast or even ahead of the pack to be considered a true SEO professional. You also need to tell your clients of any changes that may happen with the new strategies you are planning on implementing.
Putting your best foot forward, being upfront, using professional proposal templates, and showing that you can do the job as best as you possibly can are just a few of the things you need to do to succeed in the field of SEO. Doing all these will cement in the minds of your prospective clients that you are indeed a professional SEO agency that they can trust with their site.