ExecutiveChronicles | 5 Commercial Flooring Types To Consider | If you are in the process of revamping your business facility, flooring will be on your mind and there are, of course, many options, depending on your business activities. Whether a retail outlet or a logistics warehouse, the flooring needs to have the right properties, maximising your return on investment.
Here are some very popular flooring materials that you will find in Australian commercial buildings.
- Luxury Vinyl – Vinyl comes in a range of finishes. Slate, stone and many timber-grain finishes ensure that you match with the decor. Luxury vinyl tiles are perfect for showrooms and other retail outlets, durable and easy to clean, vinyl is both attractive and affordable. If you need a very durable and elegant floor covering that won’t break the bank, luxury vinyl is the perfect solution. If your commercial space has screed floors, luxury vinyl tiles are easy to install and will last for many years.
- Cork – Many retail businesses prefer the soft and natural feeling of cork, which is both durable and very attractive. There are reliable Perth cork flooring specialists or flooring experts in your area who can help you with your choices. Once the flooring is installed, you can forget about flooring issues. It is important to seal the floor, which offers a high level of protection and keeps moisture from entering the material.
- Carpet Tiles – Favourite for offices, restaurants and hotels, there are several grades of carpet tile with neoprene backing and heavy-duty pile. Talk to a contract carpet company and browse the many colours and designs and after a specified period, the contractor will replace the carpet. Any spills can quickly be dealt with by replacing the damaged tile, making this the preferred floor solution for many businesses.
- Epoxy Resin – Automotive workshops and showrooms, shopping malls, warehouses and factories prefer the attractive and extremely tough epoxy flooring. Your choice of colours and you can even have your logo embossed under the surface, which is impressive, while epoxy resin is chemical and fire resistant, giving you many years of trouble-free use. There are options, each with its own set of properties, perfect for sector specific businesses.
- Engineered Timber – If you love the look and feel of wood but don’t want to spend a lot of money, then engineered timber is the perfect flooring for you. A composite core is coated with 3-5mm of real timber to give you a real timber look. Engineered timber is very easy to work with and can be installed on any substrate. A wide range of grain finishes gives you freedom to explore and match with your decor.
As you can see, there are quite a few materials that are popular with commercial property owners and with a Google search, you can find a nearby flooring contractor who works with commercial floors. If you need any advice, the contractor would have a wealth of hands-on experience and is always happy to advise on all aspects of flooring. We advise a professional installation, as this is a critical aspect; get this wrong and it could be expensive.