Ozzias T. Villaver, Jr., Ed. D. | ExecutiveChronicles
Motivation is stimulating people to action by means of incentives or inducements. This is often generated through an external action such as offering someone more money to do more work. Whether or not this effort is successful is determined internally, however, because motivation is a psychological process. Furthermore, people are motivated toward an objective only if they feel it is in their own best personal interest. (Chester I. Bernard, The Function of the Executive,1938).
Here are the 10 inspirational thoughts what would invigorate your mind and spirit to keep on moving toward your goal/ambition in life.
- Goodness is the only investment that never fails. – Henry David Thoreau
- When a thing is done, it’s done. Don’t look back. Look forward to your next objective. – George C. Marshall
- Whatever task you undertake, do it with all your heart and soul. Do not blame others for your mistake and failures. The only approval you need is the consciousness of doing your best. – Bernard M. Baruch
- Honor is like a rugged island without shore. Once you have left it, you cannot return. – Nichlas Boileua, Satires
- Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible and suddenly, you are doing the impossible. – Francis of Assisi
- Cast all your anxiety on him because God cares for you. – 1 Peter 5:7
- Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. – Proverbs 16:3
- Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. – Exodus 14: 13-14
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step. – Lao Tzu
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding;In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. – Proverbs 3:5-6
It is but normal that every individual, a leader or subordinate, in the organization experiences achievements and recognition. However, he or she encounters sometimes anxiety or fear, failure or doubt that he/she feels desperate to lose track of the way to succeed because of lack of self-trust and confidence and faith in God. Where will he or she then draw strength and solace to keep on moving toward his/her self-fulfillment in life? There are ways and means to find the solutions to the problems, easy or difficult they may be, but the action must emanate first from oneself then full trust in the Lord coupled with humility to accept the advice of able/competent people. Every difficulty/problem in life has its appropriate solutions. Do not worry nor fear, therefore. Nothing is impossible if one believes and properly act in him/herself so that the goal could be achieved by all means. As President Fidel V. Ramos said often: “Kaya natin ito, you, we can do it”(thumbs up).